Rimu’s Necklace is an everyday statement piece symbolizing powerful femininity. A matte gold handmade pendant hangs, in contrast, from a delicate vintage chain, that can be worn at 15 to 19 inches. The handmade traditional etchings define the CHOICE Collection.
Created from recycled brass rings that Rimu CHOSE to wear on her neck, the artist first heated them over a fire, hammered them flat and added the unique design.
When Rimu was a child, wearing the rings was important to her. It was a symbol of femininity, power and strength in her culture.
Later, when she saw value in education, her CHOICES reflected this and she removed the rings.
Rimu feels inspired by the idea of recycling her rings to co-create a collection of jewelry which act as a symbol to the world of our power and our impact embodied by our CHOICES.
- Handmade recycled brass pendant by refugee artisan
- Unique handmade design
- Assembled by hand in Europe
- 15 inches of Up-Cycled Vintage Brass Chain
- 4 inch extension so you can wear the necklace longer or as a choker
- Lobster clasp fastening
- Ships from Thailand in a handwoven drawstring bag
- Purchase funds community projects